Thursday, April 29, 2010

Meet Hello Bella's Pretty New Face!




Well, if you haven't noticed by now, Hello Bella has had an Extreme Makeover, Logo Edition! Normally this wouldn't warrant a post or announcement, but for me, well, anything that involves de-pinkifying requires some sort of explanation! Yes, it's true- I am a pink girl through and through, and I'm sure my pinkness was extremely evident in my former branding and website design. So why the change? Well, I'd be lying if I said I've been happy with any of my previous logo designs. I wanted something that reflected myself, but also my business. The girly girl designs and scripty fonts were over the top cute, and oh so very me. But were they my business? Are my day to day activities all frilly and pink? The truth is, I do mostly weddings, and the majority of them are NOT pink weddings. I also do showers, birthdays, anniversaries, bat/bar mitzvahs, and pretty much any event that's an excuse to celebrate. The celebrations I design and plan are not geared towards only females, or only girly girls, and I really didn't want to pigeon hole Hello Bella into a single specific type of event service.

The new logo is simple, clean, and hopefully still pretty! I've kept touches of pink here and there, but have introduced a pretty teal blue green to the mix. My logo, which started over a year ago with a bird motif, now incorporates a sunburst or firework (you choose, whichever you like!). I figure regardless of your event, you're probably hoping for a gorgeous, sunny day, and what better way to represent this than a sunbust! Alternatively, it also reminds me of a firework, which to many is a symbol of celebration! Interestingly, and coincidentally, my first wedding last summer took place on an insanely crazy Vancouver day that resulted in the most wicked of sunsets and was topped off with an over the top display of fireworks during the Symphony of Fire. So see? It's only fitting.

Well enough with the long and dragged out explanation! Go check out my new website design for yourself (there may be little bugs but they will soon be worked out) at www.hellobella.com and while you're at it maybe fan me on Facebook and follow me on Twitter if you haven't already!

Thanks again to everyone (my amazing clients, vendors, family and friends) for your support and I hope you like the new look;)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment