Thursday, January 14, 2010

Coming up: Morgan Creek's 2nd Annual Wedding Gala


We are very excited to be a participating vendor in the 2nd Annual Morgan Creek Wedding Gala taking place on Thursday, January 28th from 6:30- 9:30. Not only do I enjoy using Morgan Creek as a wedding venue for my clients, but I also really love the concept for their Wedding Gala. I know that if I were a bride again, I would appreciate getting to scope out vendors and ideas in such an intimate and relaxed setting.

Anyone who has attended the BIG Wedding Fair in Vancouver will tell you it's slight chaos. There are thousands of attendees, and almost too many vendors to sift through. I'm not hating on these shows at all- they can be quite entertaining and provide many ideas and access to vendors, but they do leave a lot to be desired. After attending this past Wedding Fair with a bride, we realized that the fair is saturated with travel agencies, and in desparate need of caterers, florists, and planners. In fact, we found just 1 caterer and not a single florist. You make the rounds like cattle as eager vendors hand you packets of information you don't necessarily want, and sifting through to find what's really useful to you can take hours.

Fortunately for us all, the Morgan Creek Wedding Gala puts an entirely new spin on the wedding show. There is a maximum of 3 vendors allowed in each category, which means you won't be leaving with more resort pamphlets than a travel agency. It's a more relaxed environment and there's no need to rush from booth to booth in order to take it all in.

Oh, and did I mention there are cocktails and gourmet cuisine? Yes that's right. To top it off the ticket cost is by donation, with all proceeds going to the Oh Baby Campaign for Peace Arch Hospital. If you're one of the first 100 brides to arrive, you'll also receive a swag bag full of goodies.

So let's go over this again: drinks and treats, swag bags, and all for a good cause. Now my only question is: why would you not want to be there!?

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I'M a graphic designer from Venezuela and while I was looking for ideas to help a friend doing her wedding, I just fell in love with all your work! can't wait for new posts!!
    Congrats!!
    you can check my blog too if you like www.julitagraphicdesign.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete