Monday, August 17, 2009

A Granville Island Wedding



Back in July I co-ordinated a very intimate and romantic wedding at one of Vancouver's great wedding venues. Bridges Restaurant on Granville Island comes highly recommended by me for any couple seeking out a first class venue with great food in the heart of one of Vancouver's most treasured destinations.

On top of a perfect reception room, great food and top-notch service, the view from Bridges is AMAZING. Stunning. Incredible. And this wedding in particular completely lucked out and was spoiled by a freak summer lightning storm that resulted in some of the most crazy gorgeous skies I have ever seen. Once the incredible sunset laid itself to rest, the already impressed guests were treated to the Vancouver firework spectacular! The majority of guests were not from Canada (US and UK family/friends) so it was especially wonderful for all those that travelled to our beautiful city.

The bride and groom were some of the kindest people I have yet to meet, and the wedding reflected their genuine and down to earth nature. The food was beyond spectacular, the guests had a blast, and the night was full of laughter and fun. The couple danced their first dance to Jet's "Are you Gonne Be My Girl", which coincidentally is the song that was playing when I met my husband at a Jet concert!

Lastly, nothing fulfills me more than making new connections with other truly amazing wedding vendors. I had the opportunity to work side by side with Martin and Rosaline of Butterfly Photography, and I can't thank the bride enough for hiring this talented couple so that I was able to watch them work their wonders! They were so much fun to work with, and their passion for their craft is evident in every photo. Their pictures are stunning, their demeanor is fun and professional, and unlike most pro photogs out there, they won't break the bank! You might want to book these two while you can, because they won't be able to keep their rates this low for long! Check them out at www.butterflyphotography.ca.

All photos above are courtesy of Butterfly Photography www.butterflyphotography.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment