Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Circus Cowboy





All images from Oh So Beautiful Paper courtesy of Wiley Valentine.


Oh how the bloggers over at Oh So Beautiful Paper are after my own heart. Thank god there are people in the world who are more paper obsessed than I am, because frankly I was starting to feel a bit crazy. The new feature on OSBP is too die for. This stunning baby announcement set was designed by Wiley Valentine, and was inspired by a popcorn bag from Trader Joe's (Trader Joe, who are you? And why aren't you in Canada? I have a feeling we would be really great friends!).

I am currently wrapped up in a whirl wind romance with all things "Circus Cowboy". I call this Circus Cowboy, because the design elements are laid out like an old fashioned circus poster, and the fonts used are generally called "Cowboy something or another". I guess the fonts are interchangeably Circus or Western, and since they are generally from the same era I feel completely comfortable merging the two (sorry if I've offended any stationary gods using incorrect terminology!). I also give credit to the one and only Britney Spears and her Circus tour for bringing Circus Cowboy to the forefront of stationary design. Thanks Brit Brit!

Another of my favourite blogs is also featuring a backyard western style baby shower that incorporates some Circus Cowboy. Check out the post on Hostess with the Mostess.

No comments:

Post a Comment